Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A conversation

I was telling Pat about an old lady who lived across the street from my family when I was a little girl. She had a lamp with a bowl attached that was always filled with candy and she made little stockings full of treats to give to us when we came to sing Christmas carols for her. Her name was Bee.

"She was ninety-two and her husband was ninety-one," I said.

"Wow, that's cool."

"Isn't it? I hope that's us someday. Except you'll be a hundred."

"Yeah. But I won't look a day over ninety."

3 comments:

Emily said...

This guy cracks me up. We seriously need to hang out sometime. What a goof! I love his wit.

Tara Louise said...

Maybe by that time he can join the ranks of the curmudgeons and pass his time asking other people's wives if they like balls...

I'm still laughing at that.

SaRaH said...

Our across the street lady had a pink house inside and out.

You and Pat will be sexy seniors.