Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Coen the Barbarian

Coen is growing up and getting stronger. And with great strength comes....the urge to smack people around.

"Hey, biddy tiny boy, can mommy have a little--" FWACK.

"Night night little nugget, give daddy a kiss goodnig--." THWACK

Even strangers aren't immune.

"Oh, he's so adorable, can I hold him?" LEFT HOOK, RIGHT HOOK, TINY DIGITS JABBED INTO THE SOFT TISSUES OF THE EYES "Okay, um, you can have him back now."

He's also reached the age of awareness and is no longer content to be set aside to play with some meager toy while Fintan, say, "GETS HIS FOOD FIRST!?" Waaaaaaaaa! Or "FINTAN IS STILL IN THE BATHTUB?! AND I HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE BATHTUB?!" Waaaaaa! (Picture lil nekkid-bottom-boy arching out of my lap to stand against the cold side of the tub and lift a chubby leg to dive back in.) No more oblivious baby is he.

And now...he has teeth. Gulp. They have only just peeked their little pearly white points out of his tender, pink gums but already I'm quaking with fear. Because, as a baby, I made it my sole purpose in life to drag myself across the floor and sink my freshly minted toofers into my mom's ankles. Again and again and again.

He is my son.

I'm afraid. I'm very very afraid.


Happy 8 month birthday sweet little monster!



8 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, he's adorable!!!! I can't believe he is already 8 months old!!!!!

I must admit, I was happy to read that my sweet little baby girl is not the only baby who enjoys hitting and worse violence. I was starting to wonder if it was something in ME that turned my little baby into a fighter! Lily has had teeth for a while but the other day, she leaned over and sunk her teeth into my arm! You should SEE the huge bruise she left there! OUCH! Thank goodness it has never occurred to her to bite my ankles!!!

Stephanie said...

He is so big!!! I can't get over how much he looks like Fintan. I need to see you guys sometime in the near future.

Lolita Breckenridge said...

1. You can never let him take off the hat. 2. He is so cute, just let him bite your ankles.

Anonymous said...

I forgot that you were the floor shark of the family. I love that story. But I think Fintan is at just the right age to start running from you when you try to take him to the doctor. I can't wait.

Jacque said...

Love that picture, SO adorable!!! (LOL to Chris.)

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Sweet little Coen!! :) (He'll always be sweet and little in my book)

Unknown said...

How can you be afraid of that big ol' cutie? ;)

Love this post, Alina. You really have your writer's flow on!

SaRaH said...

That outlaw hat is a dead giveaway. People! Do not trust this cute baby!